The Fun Center is a mobile entertainment unit powered by Nintendo’s latest gaming consoles. It rolls bedside – or almost anywhere – to provide physical therapy activities, distractive entertainment, or just some must-needed play time during a child’s healing process.
Starlight Fun Center units play an important role in the overall health and well-being of pediatric patients. Nurses, physicians, and child-life specialists report that Fun Center units:
These Fun Centers are sponsored by corporations, foundations, and individuals who believe in and support Starlight’s mission to partner with experts to improve the life and health of kids and families around the world. Enjoy!
Click the logo that matches your Fun Center for more information:
1. Press the POWER Button on the Wii U GamePad to power ON the Wii U console.
2. To start a game, tap a game icon to select it and tap again to start. To access more games, tap the onscreen arrows to toggle between the HOME Menu pages.
3. The following are possible controller options for gameplay. Which controller option you choose depends on the game and whether there is one or two players.
4. If there is a message on the TV to connect or disconnect the Nunchuk, toggle the Nunchuk switch on the front of the main cabinet.
5. Select a different game by pressing the HOME Button on the GamePad and then tapping the Wii U Menu.
Please refer to the Wii U Operation Manual, which was included in the Fun Center shipment.
If you would like a replacement or just would like a digital copy, it is available in PDF on the Tech Support page.
Adding new games to your Fun Center unit is easy. You can purchase them directly from Nintendo eShop by adding funds to your Nintendo eShop account with a credit card or Nintendo eShop Card, or using a Nintendo Prepaid Card purchased from a retailer.
The games available on Nintendo eShop range from full-fledged Wii U titles, to old-school Nintendo games, to downloadable content for existing games, to a large variety of indie games. All games and content you purchase will be part of your Fun Center game library for the life of the unit.
To access the Nintendo eShop, you need:
1. Make sure the Fun Center is plugged into a power outlet and the TV is powered ON.
2. Press the Wii Remote Power button to power ON the Wii.
3. Press the TV INPUT button to change the TV to display the Wii.
4. Once the Health and Safety screen appears, press the Wii Remote A Button.
5. When the game selection screen appears, use the Wii Remote to scroll through the available games. You may either point the Wii Remote at the TV screen and move the cursor left or right, or use the +Control Pad to cycle through the game selection.
6. Press the Wii Remote A Button to start the game.
7. Some games may need you to connect or disconnect the Nunchuks. Connect the Nunchuks: Turn the blue controller select knob on the front of the Fun Center to the right position. Disconnect the Nunchuks: Turn the blue controller select knob to the left position.
1. Make sure the Fun Center is plugged into a power outlet and that the TV is powered ON. The Power button is located on the left side of the TV.
2. Press the DVD power button to power ON the DVD player.
3. Press the TV INPUT button to change the TV to display the DVD player.
4. Press the EJECT button on the front of the DVD player to make sure there is no disc already in the DVD player.
5. Insert the disc about halfway into the DVD player. The DVD player will "grab" the disc and pull it in the rest of way. Make sure that the label side of the disc is facing up. Playback should begin automatically. If it does not play, press PLAY on the front panel of the DVD player or on the remote.
Please call us to review your options for updating the games in your Wii Fun Center
To learn more about Starlight, Please click here.
Need help with your Fun Center? Click here to view answers to some common questions about the Wii Fun Center.
Starlight Children's Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization. Your donation is tax deductible. Click here to donate to our Fun Center program.